Friday, November 23, 2012

Journeys, Physical and Psychological


Oh traveling...what difficulties you bring into my life.
I left home on Thanksgiving morning and arrived in Paris Friday morning, it's now Friday night and I have no sense of what day it is, what time it is, or where I am...I think I need some sleep!
Traveling and journeys are difficult for me to wrap my head around. At one moment, I am in the USA and the next I am in Paris in a completely different day. Whenever I am on the plane, I loose track of time. It's almost like being in frozen time. The day does not exist. Time does not exist. But you know you are there for a long period of time and at the end of that time you know you are going to be somewhere new. While I know that I traveled over the ocean, I still have a hard time comprehending that this trip is finally here! We stayed up to acclimate ourselves to the time change but I don't think it will hit me that we have actually arrived, that I am in Paris, that this class has started until tomorrow when everyone is here together. It may not even hit me until we finish the trip! But I know in the end, when I am flying back home to Colorado, I'm going to struggle with the frozen time in the plane and go through the process of comprehending what just happened all over again.
Here are some of the pictures of my transition from Colorado to Paris: A Sense of Transition Photography Set they combine the pictures of being a typical traveler with adjusting myself to Paris and transitioning to world traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment